Port of Gdańsk
The port of Gdańsk was tackling issues such as heavy traffic in high season, limited and unautomated control over vehicle flow, lack of data on vehicle status, and disrupted access control. Participating in the startup accelerator Parkanizer was challenged with only 3 months to present a working solution for the previously identified problems.
Combining software and hardware solutions provided all involved sides (such as the security center, security guards, port operators and logistics companies) full online data about vehicle statuses and warnings in case of delays or overstaying the limited time of their visit. This alone allowed the instant identification of issues and fast reaction to them with use of the system.
What is more, the architecture of the processes in the system makes it bulletproof to the violation of the procedures. That was all boosted by adding easy access contact data to responsible users to allow for fast communication and problem solving.
Additionally, the usage of SMS to communicate with drivers, automated barriers and traffic lights connected to license plate recognition cameras allowed for a smooth and direct incoming flow and keeping history logs of information.
Entry and exit process
- Basic flow useable version in just 3 months. A fast development of the web app combined with an SMS gate, automated barriers and camera license plate recognition.
- User-friendly interfaces. Basic training for any user can be closed in less than 10 minutes, no matter the age or computer experience.
- Dynamic data about traffic and vehicle status. Authorized users can access updated data required for the full control of the process and traffic flow at any time.
- 360° software service. We have taken care of system requirements analysis, UX/UI design, development and testing, support of the system and implementation of new features.
Effective integration with a wide range of technologies and devices
We have integrated with:
- license plate recognition (LPR) cameras and automatic license plate recognition (ALPR) software recognizing car registration numbers
- traffic lights and automated barriers
- SMS gates to communicate with vehicle drivers